The Greene Campus of The Point transitions to Legacy Church on Christmas Eve with prelaunch worship services beginning in January. There are 3 ways everyone can engage with our church plant.
“Nothing of eternal significance ever happens apart from prayer.” –J.F.
There are 3 specific ways we need your prayers.
- Unity. Our name is changing, but Jesus’ mandate isn’t. We are called to fulfill Jesus’ commission to make disciples who love one another and love the world. Transitioning from a campus to an autonomous church carries endless opinions and preferences, so we need unity to stay focused and work together.
- Boldness. The Apostle Paul asked churches for boldness to proclaim the gospel, and we need that boldness, too. Pray for opportunities to share Jesus’ redemptive story with others and receptivity to Jesus’ hope for the world.
- Favor. It is a privilege to meet in the local high school, and we love all the administrators, teachers, and staff. Please pray for continued favor in those relationships as we serve our local teachers and use that facility for our weekly worship celebration.
As a young church with a limited budget, please consider financially partnering to support our ministry and outreach expenses! All gifts are tax-deductible through our sending-church The Point. You can follow the giving instructions at visitlegacy.org/give.
We were designed for a greater cause than our own well-being and personal safety. God created us to find life in adventure, conquering fears, and victoriously overcoming obstacles. In Wild At Heart, John Eldredge wrote, “Deep in man’s heart are some fundamental questions that simply cannot be answered at the kitchen table. Who am I? What am I made of? What am I destined for? It is fear that keeps a man at home where things are neat and orderly and under his control. But the answers to his deepest questions are not to be found on television or in the refrigerator.”
We must build, pioneer, and expand Christ’s redemptive story in every sphere of influence. In the words of Robin Sharma, we must not “live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” So consider pioneering with us!
Lame reasons to pioneer with us
- If you don’t want to get your hands messy with real people who have real questions, pains, joys, problems, and stories.
- If you want religious activities without knowing Jesus Christ. He's the reason we gather, serve, and love.
- If you want a nice little church that is comfortable and not risking the ocean to take the gospel to the unreached – whether they’re in the corners of the Blue Ridge Mountains or the remote regions of the world.
- If you won’t serve others who look different, smell different, or talk different than you.
- If you want a comfortable faith, rather than a surrendered one.
Awesome reasons to pioneer with us
- If you’re ready to see Jesus break the status quo and do something new!
- If you daydream of joining a movement with eternally lasting fruit.
- If you want your faith to grow deeper than ever with righteous discomfort and holy risk.
- If you want your friends and neighbors to experience a life-giving church.
- If you want to stop throwing your money, time, energy, and talents at fleeting toys, and instead make a dent in history with it all.
- If you’re ready to see God move in unimaginable ways.
- If you truly believe that Jesus builds His Church and the gates of hell will never prevail against it.
Pray. Partner. Pioneer.