On Father's Day, we praised our Heavenly Father, learned the value of sharing God's story to others, and celebrated our dads with BBQ and cookies. View the message here.
Also, here are 10 principles to being a good father mentioned in the message:
1) Love the Lord your God
Luke 10:27 “He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself”
Matthew 22:37 “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind’”(NIV).
2) Love your local church and pastor. No where on earth has there been established by God another way to carry out His Good News. 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins” (NIV).
3) Love and respect your child’s mother. Whether you are married, divorced, separated, you must be an example for your child’s future actions. Ephesians 5:25
4) Love your children and tell them you love them. Don't assume they just know.
5) Spend time with your children. Talk to them about their lives.
6) Be a “man of your word”. If you say I will be there, be there. If you say, "I’ll do that when I get home," and you are exhausted; do it anyway. Just do it.
7) Show them what commitment means (job, marriage, ball team, church attendance and involvement, etc.).
8) Tell them when you make a mistake and ask for forgiveness. We are not perfect.
9) Seek God's wisdom over knowledge. Knowledge will help in the world but wisdom is eternally valuable
10) Practice what you preach.