Day One: God Has Chosen You For a Purpose
1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood and a holy nation, a people belonging to God that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.”
Additional readings: Psalm 150:1-6; Psalm 34:1; Hebrews 13:15
- This verse states that believers in Christ are a people belonging to God. Today, how will you show God’s purpose for you in your words, actions, and thoughts?
- As a believer who has been “called out of darkness into God’s wonderful light” how has God transformed your life?
Day Two: God Has Called You To Fellowship With Believers
Hebrews 10:24-25 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Additional readings: Ephesians 4:32; Acts 2:42; Galatians 6:2
- Today, who can you spur on toward love and good deeds?
- Write out a prayer for them now. Reach out to them when you finish.
Day Three: God Has Called You To “Be Imitators Of God.”
Ephesians 5:1 “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
Additional readings: John 13:34-35; 1 John 7-12; Philippians 3:7-11
- Paul writes that believers should “live a life of love” as Christ did. In what ways do you needs Christ’s strength to show love today?
- Write out a prayer committing yourself as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Day Four: God Has Called You to “Be Holy As He Is Holy”
1 Peter 1:14-16 “As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: “Be holy because I am holy.”
Additional readings: 2 Timothy 2:20-21; Ephesians 4:17-32; 1 John 1:9
- To be holy is to be set apart from evil. Apart from God it is impossible to live a holy life. What areas in your life have compromised your holiness?
- How does holiness allow you to fulfill God’s purpose for you?
- Pray a prayer of confession and surrender to God.
Day Five: God Has Called You To Bear Fruit
Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
Additional readings: Galatians 5:16; John 15:4-5; 1 Corinthians 3:12-14
- Of the 9 parts of the fruit of the Spirit, which one is easiest for you to live? Which one is most difficult?
- Write a prayer asking God to strengthen you to live out the fruit of the Spirit today.
- Bearing fruit is personal actions from a pure heart that bring glory to God. Reflect on the last year of your life, what eternal fruit are you bearing?
Day Six: God Has Called You To Be A Living Sacrifice
Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers (and sisters), in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good and perfect will.”
Additional readings: Romans 6:12-13; 1 John 2:15-16; Psalm 1:1-3
- In what ways is your life a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God?
- In what ways do you want God to transform your life and renew your mind?
Day Seven: God Has Called You To “Go” Share The Gospel And He Is With You
Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Additional readings: Philippians 1:21; 2 Timothy 2:1-7
- Jesus Christ has commanded for every believer to make disciples of all nations. What does Christ mean by, “make disciples of all nations?
- Who are you spiritually investing in? Who is discipling you?